Saturday, February 11, 2023

Internet Protocol

This chapter really stood out to me because it reminds me of any episode of Mr. Robot. Though I know what all of the key terms function I didn't really know them all by their long for names. Its definitely nice to have this chapter serve as a good remind and cheat sheet whenever I forget one by name. 



I use a lot of electronics such as Raspberry Pi's, Arduinos, and Esp32 boards for prototyping of robots and well, anything that needs a small computer. One of the main things that I always find myself doing is getting them to either communicate with each other or perform a function over a network. Knowing things such as IP addresses for each device and HTTP/HTTPS address for the devices to go to.

11 comments:

  1. This world of computer programming and its uses is a new world to me. It is exciting and frightening at the same time. I don't even know 1/16 of what you said but it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that show! "piggy back up someone Wi-fi" I mean does it really work? How strong would it had been?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Internet Protocol is a popular topic!

    Tsz beat you to the punch in using it as his Chapter 2 topic but I'm sure you'll have trouble finding another topic from Chapter 2 that has not been used by a classmate as your topic for you next post :-)

    Thank you for introducing me to Mr. Robot ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. IP's are definitely something I want to get more knowledgeable about, as I would like to create a more secure connection. On a side note, I need to watch Mr. Robot again, I started watching it and it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess, need to watch this movie. I just found out that google chrome can show the IP address too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the movie but its great that it reminded you of internet protocol. Protocol is very important and I need to get more information on the topic.
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to see that you found the chapter helpful and informative, especially your reference of Mr. Robot! Understanding IP addresses and network protocols is essential for building connected systems, and having a solid foundation in networking can certainly help make these projects successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's interesting, using a Pringles can to hack the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard Mr.Robot is a really good show from some family members, but is it worth the hype? Also, dude you build robots too!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic, you should check it out. I try to, I'm working on an electronic rocket at the moment!

      Delete
  10. There are a number of developers and applications that are using the Raspberry Pi for home automation. These programmers are making an effort to modify the Raspberry Pi into a cost-affordable solution in energy monitoring and power consumption.

    ReplyDelete